Monday, June 11, 2012

Attempting Space A travel

     So, yesterday I came up with this "brilliant" idea of trying to "HOP" home for part of the summer.  For those of you who don't know what a "HOP" is, basically some military bases allow you to catch a ride to a location the base is going if there is space.  So with that being said, things can change at a drop of a hat.  Basically when you see a flight that you would like to catch you show up and sign in, and if they have room for you they let you on.  Did I mention they only give info 72 hrs out?  So you pretty much have to have a bag packed and ready to go pretty much at all times.  You continue this process until you get where you want to be, or where you get on a commercial flight.
Basically we would fly like this. (Photo from Google Images)
     Today we turned in our paperwork to start the process.  Hopefully we get that back and can turn it in to the terminal soon.  I have a plan that will get me pretty close to home, and then I have a backup plan incase the first one doesn't work out.  Now lets just hope that they work out, and that I don't go crazy flying over 7,000 miles with 2 kids.

     I will try to update as I found out more.  Hope to see my family soon...

     Well as of today, June 15th, our plans have already changed a few times.  Still waiting on the first flight to be confirmed.  Hope to know more soon.  We are all getting a bit excited and ready to go.  More updates as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment