Monday, June 11, 2012

Roller Derby Rocks My Socks


So, about a week after we arrived on island I came across an article on www.okinawahai.com about a roller derby team starting up, the Kokeshi Roller Dolls (KRD).

So I went to the next practice and fell in love with the sport.  I ordered my skates and pads the next day!!  So, now fast forward to today, I am an official member of the KRD league.  Yes, I said league.  We now have so many skaters that we have had to split off into three different teams:  the Sake Bombers, Habu Hellians, and the Shisa Slammers. I am on the Sake Bomber team and its pronounced (Sock E).  We have already learned so much, and will soon be learning so much more.  We are having Fast Girl University come out here to give us a 3 day boot camp the beginning of April.  The league is planning our first bout towards the end of April so that is super exciting!
We have a photo shoot coming up in a couple of weeks, so I will be able to post an up to date league/team photo.
This was the first photo we took back in November.

How much we grew from November to December!

We had a car wash/bake sale a while back to help raise money for the FGU.  We did really well considering it was rainy.  Here is a look a our flyer for that:
Yep that's me sittin' down on the job!

I will try to keep you up to date on all things DERBY!!!!

Updated league photo Feb. 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment